Atwell & Gent, P.A. is a full-service electrical engineering and consulting firm that offers a complete range of planning, design, project administration, construction administration and consulting services to a variety of clientele. We offer clients a history of delivering responsive, high-quality planning, design and construction services. Our clients include municipal and investor-owned electric distributors, universities, ports, municipal, rural and independent water and wastewater systems, all levels of municipal and state government, and commercial and industrial clients.
Over 90 years of experience in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of:
- Power Substations to 230 kV
- Substation Protective Relaying
- Power Transmission Lines to 230 kV
- Power Distribution to 34.5 kV
- Power Distribution Protective Relaying
- Gas Inventory & Mapping
- Industrial & Institutional Power Systems
- Distributed Generation Interconnection
- Water and Wastewater Power & Control Systems
- Streets Lighting
- Arena & Sports Lighting
- Automation & Control Systems
- Alarm & Access Control Systems
- Extensive Consulting Services
Atwell & Gent employs the project management concept to provide quality services to our clients. Under this approach, a Project Manager leads each project and is responsible for the following:
- Carrying the project from launch through completion.
- See that the client's plans and schedules are met within the authorized budget.
- Ensuring that the authorized budget is honored.
- Overseeing the planning, organization, and execution of the total project.
- Maintaining close liaison with the client, construction contractors, material and equipment suppliers and other persons associated with the project.
Atwell & Gent adopted its quality control procedures in 1994 and we continue to evaluate and update our quality control processes regularly to improve our services. The objectives of our quality control plan are:
- Satisfy our client's desires and requirements for their project, consistent with imposed time and budget constraints and technical practicalities.
- Comply with applicable codes, standards, laws and regulations.
- Select cost-effective concepts and systems.
- Minimize design specification and drafting errors.
- Facilitate and expedite construction with minimal errors and omissions in construction documents.